New carbon fiber shaft - my thoughts

I’ve recently mode over to a Predator revo shaft from a much cheaper Viper cue.

I really like the better equipment. There is a clear difference in quality and the biggest thing for me is the consistency of the hit. I’ve been pocketing more balls, and I’ve been able to consistently put spin on the cue ball. I've also been able to put more spin on the ball. This may partially be the placebo effect, but recently I drew a ball across the table from the other side of the table. I’d never been able to put draw on a ball that far away before.

I feel that with my old viper cue I missed a shot in one of four ways. 1) I aimed incorrectly, 2) Mechanically, I hit the ball in a place that I wasn’t aiming, 3) I wasn’t adjusting for inconsistencies with the balls or table, 4) my equipment was inconsistent in hitting the ball.

I feel with the revo, I’ve reduced and mitigated #4 so that it is a much less significant part of my game. When I miss where I was aiming at, it’s now almost always due to a mechanics error. While I’m not sure that better equipment will turn me into a pro, it will add the consistency that I need to make improvements more quickly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DAY ONE: Three day intensive training with Demetrius Jelatis

DAY THREE: Three day intensive training with Demetrius Jelatis

DAY TWO: Three day intensive training with Demetrius Jelatis