Merida, Mexico Trip - Billar Chochola sucursal Merida

Well, I spent the last five days on a trip to Merida, Mexico visiting my daughter. She is studying abroad in college for a semester and it was wonderful to see her.

When in Merida, I was able to stop by Billar Chochola sucursal Merida. This small billiard hall was fantastic. It had several dominos tables, four billiard tables (with green felt in picture), and about seven nine-foot three cushion carom tables (with blue felt in picture). No one was playing on the billiard tables, and I was about to get a table for 30 pesos and hour, which is about a dollar and a half USD. I forgot my glove, so they also sold me a billiard glove with the business logo on it for 70 pesos (about $2.10 USD). It was actually a pretty good quality billiard glove.

Snacks and sodas were sold there also, so I picked myself up a coca cola in a bottle, and I played an hour of pool.

The tables were in surprisingly good condition, the felt was clean and wasn’t torn or horribly worn at all. The billiard tables clearly weren’t as used as much as the three cushion tables. I had a blast, and it was a very relaxed atmosphere. They didn’t even bother looking at the clock on my hour of play, and I felt I could have easily gone well over time. I stopped after an hour to watch the three-cushion match. There were several locals playing three cushion, and man were they good at that game. It was quite a joy to watch, and it was obvious that they all played that game quite a bit. I spent the rest of my time watching the locals play three-cushion and drinking coca-cola out of a bottle. It was a wonderful time. The hours just flew by and honestly, I didn't want to ever leave.

I felt very comfortable and safe, and even though my Spanish is terrible, I felt quite at home. I highly recommend this billiard hall if you ever find yourself in the Yucatan with a few hours to kill.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DAY ONE: Three day intensive training with Demetrius Jelatis

DAY THREE: Three day intensive training with Demetrius Jelatis

DAY TWO: Three day intensive training with Demetrius Jelatis